Paramount Global Emerges Frontrunner in Warner Bros. Discovery Takeover Race

Netflix and Warner Bros. Deal: The deal between Netflix and Warner Bros. began last year. Now, the deal is almost over. Netflix has backed out of the deal.

Muskan Kumawat
Muskan Kumawat Verified Public Figure • 02 Apr, 2026 Journalist
February 27, 2026 • 9:49 AM  0
B
Bolly Orbit
BREAKING
Muskan Kumawat
Muskan Kumawat
3 months ago
Paramount Global Emerges Frontrunner in Warner Bros. Discovery Takeover Race
Warner Bros. Discovery Takeover Race
Netflix and Warner Bros. Deal: The deal between Netflix and Warner Bros. began last year. Now, the deal is almost over. Netflix has backed out of the deal.
Full Story: https://www.bollyorbit.com/paramount-global-emerges-frontrunner-in-warner-bros-discovery-takeover-race
https://www.bollyorbit.com/paramount-global-emerges-frontrunner-in-warner-bros-discovery-takeover-race
Copied
Paramount Global Emerges Frontrunner in Warner Bros. Discovery Takeover Race
Paramount Global Emerges Frontrunner in Warner Bros. Discovery Takeover Race

Netflix has withdrawn its bid to acquire Warner Bros. Discovery. This leaves Paramount Skydance as the leading bidder in the long bidding process. Warner Bros. announced on Thursday that Paramount's new bid is an improvement over Netflix's bid. Paramount had already agreed to increase its bid a few days ago by paying $1 more per share.

Netflix declined to increase its bid for Warner Bros. Discovery. Netflix officials said they would not match Paramount Skydance's offer because the deal is no longer financially viable at that price.

Netflix co-CEOs Ted Sarandos and Greg Peters said in a statement, "The deal we negotiated would have been fair to shareholders." He further said, "This deal was good at the right price, but it wouldn't have been right to do it at any cost."

This announcement by Netflix marks the end of months of dramatic developments. If approved by regulators, it could transform Hollywood. It could also impact the future of CNN, a major American news brand.

Last December, Warner Bros. agreed to sell some of its assets to Netflix. However, Paramount, seeking to establish itself as a major Hollywood power, made a bid. Paramount was initially turned down by Warner Bros., but this time, when Warner Bros. made a higher offer, the deal was finalized.

On Thursday, Paramount CEO David Ellison said that their new offer reassures Warner Bros. shareholders of a quick completion.

If Paramount's deal is approved, the company will add HBO Max subscribers to its portfolio. It will also acquire CNN, Food Network, and several sports broadcast rights.

Paramount's network already includes brands like Nickelodeon, CBS and Comedy Central.

Muskan Kumawat Verified Public Figure • 02 Apr, 2026 Journalist

Muskan Kumawat is an Entertainment Journalist at Bolly Orbit, covering the latest updates on Bollywood, celebrity news, movie reviews, and industry trends. She joined the team on July, 2024, bringing a passion for storytelling and a keen eye for entertainment insights.

home Home amp_stories Web Stories local_fire_department Trending play_circle Videos mark_email_unread Newsletter
Logo

Never miss what matters

Enable notifications to get exclusive updates and top news stories.

⚙️ Manage Notifications

You are currently receiving our latest breaking news and updates.

Manage Notifications